From beginners, to the advanced, to custom, we offer it all.
We embrace all styles of knitting and work with students of all levels to develop knitting and crocheting skills. We offer a schedule of classes that emphasizes skill building, techniques and special projects. Don’t see a class that fits your schedule or needs? Just ask us and Knit One Purl Two will customize a class just for you! Call us to register for a class today!
BEGINNER KNITTING & CROCHETING CLASSES:
- Establish knitting or crocheting techniques, proper use of tools and focus on skill building through simple projects.
– learn how to work with multiple colored yarns and read a chart.
Intro to Ravelry Shop
is a web based resource and networking site for patterns and techniques as well as yarns and designers. We teach you how to navigate this site effectively to help you find the exact pattern you are looking for.
How to Read a Chart
– Learn how to navigate through your project more efficiently by learning to read charts needed for Colorwork or Lace for faster more efficient knitting.
– Knit more efficiently by learning to carry the yarn in your left hand and “pick” the yarn with your needle.
– There is more to a pattern than just the picture. Learn how to choose patterns that are appropriate for your project and written in a way you understand.
Scarves for Gifts
– learn how to knit simple scarves for giving or any special occasion.
Shawl We Knit
– drop in on Fridays and share your shawl knitting experiences. Get tips from us and fellow knitters as we sit around the fireplace and knit together.
– schedule a customized appointment time to get one on one instruction of the technique of your choice.
– knitting a sweater takes planning for size, style, yarn weight, needles and pattern design. Work with one of the instructors to pick a sweater plan that fits your needs.
– Weekly drop in to get personal attention from the staff and help with issues.
– Un-Finished Objects in the closet? Don’t know where you are in the pattern or how to fix a mistake you made? Drop in and get some help from the staff.